Music & Youth Director at FBC Raton, NM
First Baptist Church of Raton is seeking a Director of Music & Youth to join our ministry team. He will serve under the direction of the senior pastor and in cooperation with the church council. This man must believe in and live out the sound Christian doctrine established in the Holy Bible and summarized in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. The primary requirement for this position is godliness, evidenced by love, humility, self-control, and an exemplary family-life. This standard requires that he remain saturated in the Word of God and utterly devoted to prayer.
In addition to these character qualities he must be able to fulfill the following responsibilities.
As Director of Music:
- To lead the congregation in musical worship at all regular and special services of the church.
- To encourage, equip, organize and oversee other musically gifted church members who can help lead the church in worship as part of a praise team.
- To coordinate the AV elements of the worship service so that all things are done with excellence.
- To ensure proper care and maintenance of all equipment and instruments.
As Director of Youth:
- To assist the senior pastor in making disciples of the 7 th -12 th grade students in the Raton area.
- To teach and apply God’s Word to the students in group settings and through appropriate personal counseling.
- To raise up and lead a youth ministry team composed of members of the congregation.
- To plan and run all regular and special youth events with the help of the youth ministry team.
Full time $36,000-$48,000. Contact email@example.com